Ongoing Education/Outreach Efforts
FOSCR provides several education/outreach services:
- Leading guided river walks;
- Teaching water harvesting workshops including hands-on projects at participants’ homes;
- Giving presentations on many river-related topics,
- Hosting an annual fall picnic;
- Hosting an annual spring Celebrate the River art contest for students,
- Keeping our Annual Members’ Meeting free and open to the public, and providing an informative talk as part of the Meeting;
- Supporting the Annual Santa Cruz River Research Days so it is free and open to the public;
- Manning our booth at local and regional fairs and festivals;
- Providing an introduction to the plants and animals you may find as you explore the river environment through our own illustrated Rambler’s Guide to the Life of the Santa Cruz River.
- Supporting dissemination to the public of a well quality study, as described in the following article, “Arsenic, E. Coli levels high in some county wells”.
If you would like to schedule a presentation or other river-related activity for a group, please email FOSCR at firstname.lastname@example.org.